Parents and children (ages 18 months to 4 years old) join together in a class that is held mostly outdoors and imitates the rhythms and atmosphere of a Waldorf early childhood class experience. Classes are taught by Marina Ristev Rana, an experienced Waldorf Early Childhood teacher. Children are guided through the morning by the gently rhythm of circle time, nature walk, creative play, snack, and story time. Young children learn through imitation. With this in mind, we will ask that parents participate in each of these activities or help with daily tasks depending on the lead given by the teacher.
The natural world and seasonal festivals are reflected during circle time. This provides the opportunity to learn through music and rhyme. Games and movement activities engage both large and fine motor coordination. Stories and puppet plays nourish the child’s imagination and provide rich material for creative play. Time in nature throughout the seasons allow for awe, wonder, and discovery of our world.
During class, we will offer information and give parents an opportunity to discuss child development, parenting questions, and Waldorf education with an experienced teacher.
Sessions are offered year round. Beginning this year, we are pleased to partner with Crown Point Ecology Center for our Saturday classes.
This class is offered once weekly for six weeks on Thursdays at Spring Garden Waldorf School (SGWS), Fridays at SGWS, or Saturdays at Crown Point Ecology Center. Thursday and Friday classes are held from 9 a.m.- 11:00 a.m. Saturday class is from 10 a.m. – 12 noon. Classes begin the week of September 21st, 2015. Cost per session is $180/parent and child and $100 for each additional sibling. There is a 10% discount if you register for the full year.
Parent and Child Class Dates for 2015/2016
Thursdays at SGWS from 9 – 11 a.m.
- September 24 – October 29. To Register – Click Here
- November 5 – December 17 (no class Nov. 26). To Register – Click Here
- January 14 – February 25 (no class Feb. 11). To Register – Click Here
- March 3 – April 14 (no class March 31). To Register – Click Here
- April 21 – June 2 (no class May 5). To Register – Click Here
Fridays at SGWS from 9 – 11 a.m.
- September 25 – October 30. To Register – Click Here
- November 6 – December 18 (no class Nov. 27). To Register – Click Here
- January 15 – February 26 (no class Feb. 12). To Register – Click Here
- March 4 – April 15 (no class Apr. 1). To Register – Click Here
- April 22 – June 3 (no class May 6). To Register – Click Here
Saturdays at Crown Point Ecology Center from 10 a.m – 12 noon
- September 26 – October 31. To Register – Click Here
- November 7 – December 19 (no class Nov. 28). To Register – Click Here
- January 16 – February 27 (no class Feb. 13). To Register – Click Here
- March 5 – April 16 (no class Apr 2). To Register – Click Here
- April 23 – June 4 (no class May 7). To Register – Click Here