COVID-19 Messages from SGWS
- April 20, 2020
- April 16, 2020
- April 1, 2020
- March 26, 2020
- March 20, 2020
- March 17, 2020
- March 13, 2020
- March 12, 2020-School Closure Begins March 17th
- March 12, 2020- Auction Postponed
- March 10, 2020
- March 2, 2020
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Ohio Department of Health (ODH)
- Public Health – Summit County
- World Health Organization
- Coronavirus Basics: A Medical Expert Gives Us a Foundation for Understanding
- Public Health Recommendations to Slow the Spread of Coronavirus
- How to talk to children about difficult news
- Explaining the News to Our Kids
- How to Talk to Kids About the Coronavirus Outbreak
- How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus
Frequently Asked Questions
How is Spring Garden preparing for the Coronavirus Outbreak?
- Reviewing and updating school emergency operation plans, particularly for infectious disease outbreaks.
- Creation of a task force which will include members of administration, Board, and faculty.
- Emphasizing actions for students and staff to take such as staying home when sick; appropriately covering coughs and sneezes; and washing hands often and for an effective amount of time.
- Increased daily cleaning frequently touched surfaces.
- Monitoring and planning for absenteeism.
- Reviewing the usual absenteeism patterns at your school among both students and staff.
- Encouraging students and staff to stay home when sick. Use flexibility, when possible, to allow staff to stay home to care for sick family members.
- Plan to alert local health officials about increases in absences, particularly those that appear due to respiratory illnesses.
- Monitoring and planning for addressing fear and bullying related to COVID-19.
- Communicating early and repeatedly with parents directly what the policies and procedures will be to allow parents to assure proper guardianship and care of children.
Will SGWS close for an extended period of time?
- Any decision about school dismissal or cancellation of school events will be made in coordination with our local health officials. Schools are not expected to make decisions about dismissal and event cancellation independent of their local health officials. Dismissal and event cancellation decisions will be considered using information from health officials about the local conditions.
- In case of a school closure, our cleaning company is on standby to complete a deep clean of the building.
Is there a plan for distance learning if the school does close?
- Yes, we are creating a plan to ensure age appropriate continuity of education and will keep parents updated as necessary.